Selvedge Denim Jeans Care Instructions
It is important to care for your favorite new Selvedge Denim Jeans by Smith Blake Darby. Presented here are tips to proper care so they last a lifetime. Follow these guidelines to extend the life of your Selvedge Denim Jeans and enjoy a better fit and appearance over time.
Before the first wash, wear your jeans as much as possible. This helps in forming unique wear patterns, molding them to your body, that make the denim truly yours.
Minimize washing. Ideally, wash your jeans every 3-6 months, or only when absolutely necessary. Excessive washing can strip the denim of its natural oils and fade the color.
Before washing, turn your jeans inside out to protect the outer surface. Fasten any buttons and zippers to prevent them from snagging on the fabric.
HAND WASHING (Recommended)
- Fill a basin with cold water and add a very small amount of mild, bleach-free detergent.
- Submerge the jeans and gently agitate the water with your hands.
- Let them soak for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water to remove soap residue. Avoid wringing.
MACHINE WASHING (If Necessary)
- Use a gentle cycle with cold water.
- Add a small amount of mild detergent. Avoid bleach or fabric softeners.
- Place the jeans in a mesh washing bag for extra protection.
- Hang the jeans in a well-ventilated area away from direct sunlight.
- Never ever use a dryer as it will shrink the denim and weaken the fibers.
To keep your jeans fresh between washes, use Fabric Odor Eliminator by Otter Wax. This product is specially formulated to help neutralize odors without damaging fabric.
For small stains, spot clean with a damp cloth and mild detergent. Avoid scrubbing vigorously as it can cause localized fading.
Hang your jeans by the waistband or fold them neatly. Avoid storing them in damp or poorly ventilated areas.
Attend to any rips or tears promptly to prevent further damage. Consider professional denim repair services for the best results.
Breaking In: New selvedge jeans will feel stiff. With wear, they'll soften and conform to your body shape.
Color Transfer: Be aware that new, unwashed denim can transfer color onto light-colored fabrics, upholstery, and skin.